Marketable Title Acts and Marketable Record Title Acts
This lesson teaches you about the operation of Marketable Title Acts which are also known as Marketable Record Title Acts. The focus is on statutes based on the Model Act. You should already be familiar with recording acts before attempting this lesson.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Discuss the goals of marketable title acts and marketable record title acts.
2. Define marketable as it relates to title to real property.
3. Define chain of title as it relates to title to real property.
4. Define a record chain of title as it relates to real property.
5. Define root of title.
6. Explain the process utilized to determine the existence of a root of title.
7. Discuss the effect of a root of title.
8. Identify exceptions to the impact of the uniform marketable title act.