Termination of Easements
This lesson explores the myriad ways in which easements may be terminated. It begins by focusing on express termination, the most effective way to terminate an easement when the holder of the benefit of the easement agrees to terminate it. The bulk of the interactive tutorial deals with the more complicated problem of termination without the express consent of the benefitted party.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Define the term easement in gross.
2. Define the term dominant parcel.
3. Define the term easement appurtenant.
4. State the methods by which one may expressly terminate an easement.
5. List the methods by which easements may be terminated by operation of law.