Please help CALI protect its trademarks by using them properly.
The following marks: CALI®, Lessonette®, CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Classcaster®, Virtual Langdell®, eLangdell®, Conference for Law School Computing®, Reboot Legal Education®, QuizWright®, and Time Trial® are United States federally registered trademarks owned by The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction. The use of any of these marks on your teaching materials must include the full name of the mark, along with the registration circle - ®, and the following sentence, "[insert mark name here] is a US federally registered trademark of The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction; [www.cali.org]." The trademarks CALI Author™ and VirtualAward™ are protected by federal and state United States Trademark law. Use of either mark must include the following sentence, "[mark's name] is protected by federal and state US trademark law and is owned by the Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction; [www.cali.org]."
The following applies only to the trademark Time Trial®
The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) owns the trademark Time Trial. The purpose of this policy is two-fold. First, to clarify when you have an automatic license to use the mark and when you don't. Second, to prevent the use of the Time Trial trademark to unfairly profit from, or confuse people who are looking for the official version of Time Trial, the online legal card game, from CALI.
You have an automatic, non-exclusive right to use the mark if:
1. If you are using Time Trial to acknowledge the source of your derivative work.
2. If you are using all of CALI's Time Trial card content and your project is non-commercial in nature. This means that the project can make money to cover its costs (not including salaries); however, it cannot be run as a for-profit project or business. In this instance, you may use the mark Time Trial along with your organization's name so that there can be no confusion about the true source of your game. For example, "Knowledge Makers" Time Trial" or "Time Trial by Knowledge Makers."
Without CALI's permission, you cannot use the Time Trial trademark in the following ways:
1. Time Trial cannot be used as part of a domain name.
2. Time Trial cannot be used as part of your company name. For example, you cannot call your business "Time Trial Consultants." However, you can describe your business as "Knowledge
Makers, offering Time Trial consulting."
3. Please do not use the Time Trial trademark in advertising; this includes AdSense and AdWords.
4. You have modified the card content.
Any use of the Time Trial mark requires that the use of the ® symbol with the mark.
Any use of the Time Trial trademark implies acceptance of this policy. The Time Trial trademark cannot be used for illegal, offensive, defamatory or humiliating purposes, or any other purpose that may negatively impact the mark Time Trial or its owner, The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction.
CALI reserves the right to change or modify this policy at any time to protect its trademark. It is your responsibility to confirm that your use of the mark Time Trial conforms with CALI's policy at the time that you obtain the Time Trial code.
If in doubt about your use of the Time Trial trademark, please email feedback at CALI.org with your proposed use.