Delaware's Judicial Review of Board Action in Transactions Involving Corporate Control I: UNOCAL
This lesson will familiarize students with the "Unocal Doctrine", a standard of judicial review under Delaware law. The Unocal doctrine applies to a board's defensive conduct when opposing a hostile takeover and attempting to prevent a change of corporate control.
The lesson is the first of two lessons concerning Delaware's heightened standards of judicial review of board action in transactions involving control. The other lesson involves the "Revlon" and "Blasius" doctrines.
More like this
- Delaware's Judicial Review of Board Action in Transactions Involving Corporate Control II: REVLON and BLASIUS
- The Business Judgment Rule in Shareholder Derivative Litigation I: Demand Upon the Board
- The Business Judgment Rule
- Shareholder Voting Rights in Fundamental Changes
- Shareholder Appraisal Rights