Basic Federal Income Taxation: Gross Income: Annuities and Life Insurance Proceeds
This lesson will guide students in the proper calculations concerning the taxation of annuities and life insurance payments. Questions cover Internal Revenue Code section 72 and other related sections.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Explain when annuity payments are included in gross income.
2. Calculate the exclusion ratio under §72(b).
3. Explain when death benefits are included in gross income.
4. Explain when interest payments received on life insurance proceeds are taxable to a beneficiary.
More like this
- Basic Federal Income Taxation: Gross Income: The Taxability of Employment Connected Payments: Fringe Benefits, Meals and Lodging, Unemployment Compensation, and Social Security Benefits
- Basic Federal Income Taxation: Gross Income: Damages and Related Receipts
- The Concept of Gross Income
- Classifying Special Types of Marital Property
- Tax Lessons