Basic Federal Income Taxation: Gross Income: Receipt of Property as Compensation
This lesson will focus on Section 83(a)-(b) of the Internal Revenue Code, property transferred in connection with the performance of services, with practice questions.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Explain the amount of compensation income included under § 83(a).
2. Explain the effect of a § 83(b) election.
3. Explain the effect of an arm's length transfer of property by an employee when original receipt of the property was governed by § 83.
More like this
- Corporate Taxation: Distributions: Consequences on the Disposition of Section 306 Stock
- Basic Federal Income Taxation: Gross Income: Indirect Transfers for Services
- Corporate Taxation: Liquidations: Corporate Liquidations: Effects on Shareholders: Sections 331 & 334(a)
- Corporate Taxation: Formation: Formation of C Corporations: Basic Issues
- Taxation of Business Entities: Definition and Formation: Formation of C Corporations: Basic Issues