Basic Federal Income Taxation: Property Transactions: Capital Loss Mechanics
This lesson is best used after studying Federal Income Taxation: Property Transactions, in class. The lesson includes problem sets to work through, allowing you to apply the Code and Regs. to a variety of situations involving capital gain and capital loss mechanics.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Calculate a taxpayer's net capital gain and loss, including for a corporation.
2. Explain the rules for carrying forward an individual's capital losses.
More like this
- Basic Federal Income Taxation: Property Transactions: Capital Gain Mechanics
- Taxation of Business Entities: Operations: S Corporation Shareholder Taxation: Separately Stated Items
- Partnership Taxation: Partnership Operation: Partnership Separately Stated Items
- S Corporation Taxation: Taxation of the Shareholder: S Corporation Separately Stated Items
- Basic Federal Income Taxation: Deductions: Medical Expense Deductions