Virginia Legal Research: Primary Resources
This lesson is an introduction to researching Virginia law using primary source materials, such as the Code of Virginia, Virginia state caselaw, and the Virginia Administrative Code.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Explain how to locate Virginia statutes.
2. Describe the court system in Virginia.
3. Discuss the importance of knowing court rules.
4. List the court reporters used for each court in Virginia.
5. Explain how to locate administrative rules.
6. Create a research plan using primary resources.