Class Participation Tips: Discussions in Law School Success
This podcast discusses methods to use to make you more comfortable with class participation, including case briefing templates. The podcast will provide you with the opportunity to do a freewriting exercise, explore some research in the field, and learn a few tips on how to hone your approach to speaking out loud in class.
- Imposter Phenomenon: https://so06.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/IJBS/article/view/521
- Power Poses: https://jamesclear.com/body-language-how-to-be-confident
- Spotlight Effect: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10707330/
On completion of the podcast, the student will be able to:
- Reflect on their own experience when speaking in class.
- Understand some research behind why participating in law school feels so challenging (including imposter phenomenon, spotlight.
- Use these reflections and understandings to guide their future class preparation, (including making individualized case reading and briefing plans).
- Practice in-the-moment strategies for minimizing public speaking anxiety and maximizing ability to respond and demonstrate mastery.