Arkansas Legal Research: Primary Resources
This lesson covers the Arkansas constitution, statutes, legislative history, cases, courts and court rules, and administrative materials. It was designed for those who have a general knowledge of researching primary legal sources.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Identify the sources of primary law in Arkansas.
2. List the three categories of courts in Arkansas.
3. Distinguish the roles of each of the types of courts.
4. Explain how to get the official text of an agency's regulation.
5. Create a research strategy using primary resources.