Iowa Legal Research: Secondary Resources
This lesson will introduce the reader to secondary research sources for Iowa legal research. The lesson will begin with a discussion of finding aids, and will then transition to a discussion of the following secondary resources: Treatises & Practice Materials, Legal Periodicals & Restatements, and sources for Iowa Legal Forms. The lesson is primarily intended as an introduction to these sources but can also be used as a refresher for the seasoned Iowa attorney.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. List different secondary sources.
2. Explain the value of using a research guide.
3. Discuss the benefits of using Treatises and practice materials.
4. Explain how form books can be used.
5. Create a search strategy using secondary sources.